Benefits of Joining ASCCA
ASCCA Membership is open to any organisation promoting access to information technology by older people. ASCCA is represented in every State and Territory of Australia.
The Association welcomes enquiries from existing computer clubs, computer groups within seniors organisations and from communities which are considering promoting computer training for seniors.
Member clubs remain autonomous.
Some of the many benefits of joining ASCCA are:
- A Club Information Manual with information on topics such as working with seniors, funding, financial and taxation matters.
- Access to ASCCA's training materials on this website on the Member Club Login pages, advice on computer topics and techniques by the Tech Info for Clubs newsletter and support by phone if needed.
- Each member club has access to software, hardware, refurbished desktops and laptops all at discounted prices through Connecting Up. We have also arranged a substantial discount for the popular Deep Freeze software.
- Advice and support from ASCCA about managing your club or providing training for your members if requested.
- A free website presence on the ASCCA website.
- Being part of a network of clubs to share information.
- A discounted fee for all club members attending at any ASCCA seminars, workshops and the Annual ASCCA Conference.
- A louder voice, because of combined numbers of members when seeking support from government departments, corporate bodies or business entities.
- We work on organising discounts that are available for clubs and club members.
- A monthly Newsletter plus Newsbreaks when there is news about grants, events or other news of interest.
- Annual Competitions in photography and creative writing.
- The ASCCA office provides a contact point for seniors looking for a club in their area, often as a result of media publicity from ASCCA.
If you are an existing club for seniors computing, a computer club for all ages or a computer group within another organisation, join ASCCA and share your knowledge and gain expertise from other clubs.
For more details about joining ASCCA click here.